Spinach Pizza Dough
3 cups white flour - $0.30
2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast (equivalent to one packet) - $0.63
1 tsp salt - $0.02
2 tbsp sugar - $0.03
1 10 oz. Package frozen spinach, thawed - $1.00
¼ cup warm water – free
2 tbsp olive oil - $0.30
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in ¼ cup warm water and let sit for five minutes or until foaming.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, pulse the thawed spinach with juices until half-way pureed.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, salt, and sugar.
- Add pureed spinach and olive oil followed with the yeast/water mixture. Stir until fully incorporated and proceed to knead until mixture is elastic – about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover dough and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Roll dough out and top with pizza toppings of choice. Bake for 15-20 minutes in 400 degree oven.
Makes approximately 8 servings.
Total Price: $2.28
Price Per Serving: $0.29
THIS. SOUNDS. LIKE. THE. BEST.